Modify chat terms
Learn how to update the chat terms in the Bambuser dashboard
The default chat terms look like this:
Hello, here you can chat with [Company Name] about our products. We are here to answer your questions. Please note that other viewers and visitors on our site may also see your name and the information you are adding to the chat. You acknowledge and agree to transfer personal information (chat name and the comments you post). Just put your name in the field above and start chatting!
Change the chat terms
If you want to change or update the chat terms message:
- From the dashboard, click on Settings.
- Click on Advanced. This will open the chat terms screen where you'll see two text input areas: Chat consent and Chat terms.
- Write your chat terms in the Chat terms box.
Best practices for writing chat terms
- If using the standard chat terms, make sure to replace [Company name] with your company's name.
- Include details on what the viewer can and cannot do in the chat, and what will happen if they violate the terms.