Learn more about finding insights and optimization
What is success for you, and how do you know if the show was successful or not. These questions are essential for you to answer internally, and our stats page includes all you need to analyze the performance.In this section, you’ll learn how to measure the results of your live video shopping streams and optimize your workflow for the next event.
The stats tab in the Dashboard will give you a full overview of your show statistics, covering both Live, recorded and total performance. We recommend you to always go through the stats after a live to understand the viewers behavior, what content is most engaging, and what triggers their purchases during the show.
- Time and duration
- Number of viewers
- Mobile vs Desktop engagement
To see the stats of your shows:
- From Bambuser Dashboard, click on the Stats tab on the left side menu.
- Click on the show for which you want to see the stats.
- Option to export stats as CSV, if you go to the bottom top right "Export stats".
From here, you can scroll through to read the full report.
Please note: It may take up to 30 minutes after your stream ends for all the statistics to become available.
Learn more about the KPI's
Depending on the purpose, you can measure success in different KPI's. Optimize the content on the sales performance and viewers engagement.
- Live engagement - The graph showcases the viewers interaction minute by minute of the show. Learn from the curves and identify what content triggers their actions.
- Viewers Live/Recorded - This metric indicates how well you promoted the show before going live and after the show in order to drive traffic.
If a viewer watches both live and recorded on the same device, the viewer will be measured as one live viewer and one recorded viewer. However, the total number of the viewer will be counted as one.
Increase your Traffic
Discover how to increase the live viewer count by using the Bambuser Floating Action Widget. Learn more here how you can boost your traffic!
- Average viewing time - How well are you engaging and keeping the viewers during the show. Catch their interest and make sure to interact with them, and involve them in the topics.
Average viewing time is calculated by the total number of viewed seconds of a segment (total / live / recorded) divided by the total number of session during the same segment.
- Likes - Indicate how engaged the viewers are and if the like what they see.
- Chat - Live shopping is a two-way communication, and the chat rate indicates if you've been successful with the interaction with the viewers.
- Add-to-cart - Showcase how well the host is selling the products and if the targeted viewers are attracted to the live show.
- Sales - Total about of sales that has been purchased in and outside the player in your currency. Choose "by currency" to see the split of you are covering currencies. Select either a 7- or 30-days window for the attributed sales.
- Purchases - A total amount of the purchases that have been made in and outside the player.
A purchase definies as when a visitor to your website has watched a live shopping show within the past 30 days and makes a purchase on your site. Bambuser will attribute the purchase to the last watched show. If it has been more than 30 days since the visitor last watched a show on your website or has not watched any live show, the purchase will not be connected to your live show.
Since some actions related to the Live Shopping experience occur outside of the player (most notably purchases), Bambuser needs complementary information to provide a holistic view of how your live streams affect your sales.
Implementing the Bambuser conversion tracking script provides you with the following added value:
- Visibility on attributed sales for 7 and 30 days post-show as well as per show. The data is available in total and by currency.
- Real-time updates on sales during live shows in the Moderator View
- Access to datalayer objects enabling you to import live video shopping data into their Google Analytics for further analysis and integration with internal data. The data includes:
- All purchase events attributed to their shows
- All events related to viewer interactions with the player
Tracking Library: You can learn more about the tracking library here.
Please note that Bambuser does not collect any personal data through our tracking library.
DataLayer - Extend your show analysis
You can have the Bambuser Live Video Shopping player pushing all events and interactions to the dataLayer. It gives you access to all the data the Bambuser cookie collects and enables a more in-depth analysis of the buying process: Which products are most in-demand, which products are purchased outside of the player, information to support optimizing LVS content.
- The most common way to store events' data
- Easy to pick up event/interaction data from the data layer and feed that to any analytics systems
- Bambuser events you can easily recognize data from other tracking items
- Events/interactions are pushed instantly and include timeline data
Analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Tealium, etc. that use the datalayer object can pick up Bambuser events from there.Read more here.