Bambuser now launches Landscape Mode, Bringing 16:9 Cinematic-style Viewing to Live Video Shopping One-to-Many. This is a new feature that enhances the shopping experience by enabling interactive eCommerce events to be viewed across users’ full screens. Supporting a 16:9 aspect ratio, the horizontal viewing mode provides a more immersive and cinematic experience on mobile or desktop devices.
How to broadcast in Landscape?
- There are two options to start using the Landscape Mode (16:9)
- Use a pre-recorded video that is filmed in 16:9 and upload it in Dashboard using the pre-recorded feature.
- Utilize external cameras and film it in landscape mode.
- No need to configure or switch on anything to use this feature. Once the video output is in landscape format, the player will automatically switch the layout.
Please note: The Bambuser LiveShopping app is not yet supported to use filming in landscape mode.
How do you start using it in your live shows?
There are two options to start using the Landscape Mode (16:9);
- Film the show in Landscape Mode and upload it as a pre-recorded in the dashboard
- Utilize external cameras and film it in Landscape Mode
When using external cameras or pre-recorded videos, you need to be aware that the outputs MUST be the following ratio requirement to fit the Bambuser player. Landscape-mode
- In a 16:9 format
- A maximum of 30fps
- A resolution of 1280x720
- Maximum bitrate of 3,000 kbps
How does it work in action?
On mobile: When holding the phone vertically you are in “Shopper Mode” which means that you get to see the video properly, as intended, without any cropping or zooming in and you get access to the full Bambuser functionality.
On the other hand, if you want to take full advantage of your screen size, to better enjoy the video in a more immersive way, you can flip your phone horizontally and the video will take up most of the screen space. This is called “Viewer Mode” as you don’t get the full functionality due to technical reasons but you can enjoy the video in higher quality and get a clear nudge (“rotate”) indicating that you are only one flip away from being able to fully interact with the video.
- On desktop: The desktop view has been improved to fully accommodate the format while keeping all the functionality intact.