Table of Contents1. The Bambuser app1.1 How to log in1.2 App functionalities 1.3 Test your network1.4 Go Live!2. In-screen positioning3. Location and EquipmentNext step
Before we jump into the sharp test we would like to guide you on how to use the Bambuser app, how to position during the live, and what equipment to use depending on your upcoming show.
We are starting off with the app!
1. The Bambuser app
1.1 How to log in
- Download the Bambuser app from the App Store or Google Play.
- Enter your email and request a magic link
- On your phone, open the email, click the
- Magic link and you will be signed into the app.
1.2 App functionalities
Once you log in to the app you have several options. If you have a show assigned to you (check your dashboard by going into show settings and see Host). Select the show you’re going to host from Scheduled or Upcoming shows.
- Scheduled shows: A show that has a date and time set in the dashboard. If you are doing a , verify that title and start time are correct.
- Upcoming shows: A shows that does not yet have a set date and time, you can still start the show as usual, however, the player on your site will not include a countdown.
Once selected, there will be three options:
Run Network Test
Click to verify your network. The Bambuser App will generate a quick network verification of the device, you will receive a message if its safe to go live or not.Delete
Select Products and verify that the added products are correct. You can edit and delete a product if you need to. Note: You can not add any products to the Bambuser App.Delete
Once you have checked the network and made sure the products are correct, hit Get Ready.
You'll then see what the camera captures for the live broadcast.
1.3 Test your network
A high-quality, stable internet connection is important for your livestreams, so make sure to check the quality of your WiFi or 4G/5G network strength before going live on the device that you will be streaming from. A bad network will produce a low-quality video. A network test should only take a few seconds and it will only show you the strength of your connection in that moment.
1.4 Go Live!
Hit Get ready to see what the camera captures for the live broadcast. You can check the positioning of the host, products and all other elements on the screen at this stage. In the Bambuser App the host can:
- Highlight relevant products
- Participate in and moderate chat (we recommend handling moderation from the Dashboard)
- Note: If you stream via the Bambuser App, the stream will not start automatically on the set start time, the host has to click Go Live!
2. In-screen positioning
If you’re streaming from a phone, the screen is mirrored. If you’re looking at the mirrored image, products will be on your left. Position yourself so that you’re not obstructed by other on-screen elements. This is especially important in the mobile view, where the screen can include:
- Up to three product highlights
- Up to five chat messages
- Logo, product icon, and like button
To successfully engage the audience, the host and product should be the main focus. Stay in the frame as much as possible and stay close to the camera so that the focus is on you. In the mobile view, the screen will include
- Up to 3 product highlights
- Approx. 4-5 chat messages
- Logo, product icon and like-button
Find a position that avoids the host being covered by other on-screen elements. Preferably keep more space below on the left side of the screen. To successfully engage the audience, the host and product should be the main focus. Avoid far distances and too much space at the top of the screen.
3. Location and Equipment
Succeed with the correct equipment for your show. We distinguish the setup into three main setups:
- Action (Easy & Pro)
We have established an extensive guide including when you should utilize the different setups and also what equipment to use, everything to make it as easy as possible for you and the team to succeed with your live video shopping.
- Head over to the article here (it opens in a new tab, no worries)
Remember that you can always reach out to our support if you need help with your integration.
If you found what you were looking for, please hit the thumbs up. If this article didn't help you, hit the thumbs down, and please reach out to us so we can help you. We really appreciate your feedback.