Bambuser One-to-Many Getting Started Guide
Get up and running with Bambuser One-to-Many in just a few clicks!
Welcome to Bambuser One-to-Many Live Video Shopping! We hope you're excited to go live!
This guide will give you the information you need to run your very first Live Video Shopping broadcast in just a few easy steps.
Let's get started!
How Bambuser Live Video Shopping works
There are three components to Bambuser Live Video Shopping: the dashboard, the mobile app, and the player.
The dashboard is where you create and manage your shows, the mobile app is how you broadcast your shows to the world, and the player is how people watch your shows.
So, if you want to start broadcasting right away, here's how you do it:
- Sign in to the dashboard and create a new show
- Paste the Bambuser player embed code on your web page
- Host a show using the Bambuser mobile app
It's really that easy!
Let's look at each of these steps in more detail.
To sign in to the Bambuser dashboard for the first time:
- Go to the Bambuser login page.
- Enter your email and click SEND MAGIC LINK.
- Open your email, click the magic link and you will enter the dashboard.
What is a magic link?
A magic link is an easier, and more secure, alternative to the standard username and password. By signing in with a magic link each time, there is no need for a password.
Please make sure to use the latest magic link to sign in. Once clicked, the magic link can't be used again, so you will need to request a new link.
User name and password
If you’d prefer not to use the magic link, you also have the option to create and use a password. You can set up a password for your account in the Profile tab. However, the first time you log in, you will be asked to use the magic link.
At the top-right corner of the Bambuser dashboard, you will see two buttons: +CREATE A SHOW and +CREATE TEST SHOW.
To create a test show, click +CREATE TEST SHOW. To create a live show, click +CREATE A SHOW.
To create a live show, click the +CREATE A SHOW button. From there you will be taken to the Setup screen.
From the Setup screen, you can:
- Add details to a show
- Customize the pre-show, post-show, and pause screens
- Add and remove products from a show
- Customize the player settings
You can also copy the embed code for the show.
Every show you create in the Bambuser dashboard has a unique embed code. The live show will stream on the web page(s) where the code is embedded. Here's how it works.
- From the Shows tab in the Bambuser dashboard, either create a new show (instructions here) or click on an existing show. From there you'll be taken to the Setup page.
- Scroll down to the Embed section. There you'll see a code block.
- Click the COPY button to copy the embed code.
- Paste the embed code in the <body> section of your website.
You can embed the video on any website, but if you want Bambuser’s add-to-cart functionality to work with your ecommerce site, it’s best to embed the player on the same site.
Are you ready to host a show? Then open up the Bambuser mobile app to get started.
Once you log in to the Bambuser app, you’ll be taken to the Shows screen. Here you’ll see a list of Upcoming, Scheduled, and Ended shows where you’ve been assigned as the host.
- Upcoming = shows that have been created, but don’t have a set date and time.
- Scheduled = upcoming shows that have been scheduled.
- Ended = past shows. Tap on the video to see the stats.
Prepare to host a show
- Select the show you’re going to host from either Scheduled or Upcoming shows.
- If you’re doing a Scheduled show, verify that the title and start time are correct.
- Tap on the show.
On the next screen you’ll have three options:
- Run network test
- Get ready
Run network test
Run network test will, as the name suggests, run a network test showing you the status of your wifi or mobile data network connection. You can learn more about the network test by clicking here.
As a host, you can review the list of products in a show before the show goes live, and remove products from the list as needed. You also have the ability to highlight products while the live stream is in progress.
- To review the product list in the app, tap on Products. You’ll see a list of products with their names.
- To remove a product, tap Edit at the top of the list, then tap the remove icon.
Once everything is ready to go, tap the Get ready button at the bottom of the screen. This will open your camera and show you what the stream will look like before you go live.
To get out of preview mode, just click the back arrow button at the top-left corner of the screen.
If everything looks good, tap the Go Live! button. You’ll get a 3-second countdown before the stream officially starts.
While live, you can do the following things in the app:
- Reverse your camera
- Tap on an object to change the exposure (iOS app only)
- Highlight one or more products from the product list
- See and respond to chat messages
- Tap on the Pause Show button to temporarily pause the broadcast
- Tap on the End Show button to end the broadcast
Advice on positioning products in-screen can be found here.
Pausing a live show
You also have the option to pause the show if you prefer. The difference between ending and pausing a show is that you can restart a paused show. To pause a show, tap the End show button, then press Pause.
While the show is paused, the viewer will see a pause screen. You can customize the pause screen in the Setup tab in the dashboard. Read more about customizing the player settings here.
Tap the Start Again button when you're ready to continue the show.
Ending a live show
To end the live stream, tap the End show button at the top-right corner of the screen, then press End Live Show.